Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 12
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ELM327... USB or Bluetooth?
Question 
2 questions.

From a performance and reliability standpoint.  ELM327... USB or Bluetooth?

Any recommendations for reliably getting a genuine one?  Prices are all over the place and they ALL say ELM327.    Huh Huh
Don't matter to me if you get a kickback either..   Big Grin
"The glass is twice as big as it needs to be".
Also wondering this before I order an adapter. I would think USB would give better performance?
We tested both types of adapter and did not notice any difference. Bluetooth is much more convenient to use due to lack of cables.
Could you support obd solutions llc obdlink Mx101 Bluetooth... This seems the most reliable Ive had...

I'm sure it will be a small tweak... I can get it working on most android and with many android apps with dash boards
(08-13-2020, 07:39 PM)Oioiandy Wrote: Could you support obd solutions llc obdlink Mx101 Bluetooth... This seems the most reliable Ive had...

I'm sure it will be a small tweak... I can get it working on most android and with many android apps with dash boards

According to the data sheet of mentioned adapter it is compatible with ELM327. It should work out of the box.
Watch out for those Bluetooth adapters. Some of them draw power while plugged in. I left one connected overnight, with the car off, and by the morning I could not start my vehicle.
Thanks, Frank
Carputer Detail   Parts List
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 w/ Bose & Onstar